Monday, April 21, 2014

I am a husband and father of three now an amputee, living my life without limits! Follow my story on my blog livinglifeoncrutches.com



I am a husband, father of three and amputee.  I was active all my life, a Certified Ski Instructor, DYI enthusiast and Elementary Special Education Teacher.   My life came crashing down when I was 42years old after suffering a life changing ankle injury.  I endured six ankle surgeries that forever changed the anatomy of my lower left leg, ten leg casts, recovery time on crutches that added up in the years and debilitating pain.  In the end wound up with a deformed lower leg, chronic pain and unable to walk without crutches.  Oh yeah, I also lost my teaching job after the third surgery.  Being left a 47 year old unemployed disabled father.  I took two years to rebuilt my life using crutches full time, achieving a new career in public health and preparing to amputate my leg.  I amputated my lower left leg 9/24/14, follow me on my new joinery as an amputee.  I now hope my stories will help others find some support and comfort in living with their disabilities.  Explore my website livinglifeoncrutches.com to read my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment